Who doesn’t like a fun yummy twist on Chili! this is one of our favorite recipes that I change and modify all the time! For example, if I have lots of leftover Turkey I just substitute the chicken. This year I am also going to pour it over some black-eyed beans to get my New Year good luck going on….lol!
Anyways….I hope you enjoy it and share what modifications you made to it!
White Chicken Chili
- 2 boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper or pepper medly
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or increase
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 bell pepper – any color or combo of colors
- 1/2 – whole jar of green chili from Cosco
- 4 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 cup coconut milk or full fat heavy cream or ½ & ½
- Cilantro for garnish
- Cheese to add – optional
- Liberally season chicken breasts with seasoning.
- In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat butter over medium heat. Place chicken breasts, skin side down in the pot and lightly brown (2-3 minutes)
- Turn chicken breasts over add onions, celery, and peppers. Saute until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock/broth bring to a simmer. Cover and turn heat to low and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken breasts from liquid, allow to cool enough to handle.
- Roughly chop or shred the chicken meat and add back into the soup.
- Stir in coconut milk or cream
- Serve in bowls topped with chunks of cilantro, cheese, and or avocado. It is also delicious served over top of rice, potatoes, any white bean.
You can add 1 cup of frozen corn and/or a can of white beans if desired.
Hugs and prayers always,
SHE WHO IS – I am super excited to be an Ambassador for such an amazing entity that is truly about lifting women up with God as our foundation! Use my PERSONAL LINK HERE…..and you are not only clothing yourself with some comfy encouraging apparel, you are also supporting an amazing entity such as SHE WHO IS, AND you are supporting my BLOG!
GLOBAL HEALING – I partnered with this amazing company because the founder understands the importance of clean sourcing for our supplements and tinctures. He also understands the mind, body, soul, spirit connection to our health. Get started today with THIS LINK to save yourself on your amazing health options! My two favorite bundles are the IMMUNE BOOST BUNDLE (it has ALL the support your body is needing and the recommended vitamins that doctors are talking about due to the current “environment” of health concerns!). I also use the THYROID HEALTH KIT! Again by using MY LINK you not only will save yourself money on high-quality supplements to support your health but you are also supporting my BLOG!
OIL LIFE – I have loved getting resources and tools to use with my essential oils for myself personally and for clients from this company for years. I am honored to share about them and to encourage you to use THIS LINK to not only support your essential oil journey but to also support this blog! Thank you ;)….