I use to be vexed by fear of disappointing others in sooo many ways.
My fear was intense. I would sacrifice my own happiness, my own dreams, my own boundaries.
I didn’t understand the power and freedom of a simple yet mighty word: NO!
I will admit, I was tempted to fall back into that fear this week.
I had lots of connections scheduled, lots of people I wanted to serve and support. But my body had other plans.
When I woke earlier this week, I felt like I was hit by a sledgehammer. This not only left me feeling weak but had me running to the bathroom. So the first thing I had to say NO to was my weekly Facebook Lives. I do 3 of them all on Tuesday in different spaces for different groups: public, coaching, and team.
I thought, “That’s okay I can reschedule them for later this week.”
The next day I woke up feverish, clammy, dizzy, and oooo soo exhausted. That’s okay….I rested….oiled up….did a detox bath…..everything….convinced I could BEAT this crap out of me….lol!
Then the next night I coughed through the night, my head swimming with thick junk and I woke like I had not slept….well in reality I had not. I also didn’t have a voice and my cough was getting barky!
So….I realized… I really needed to reschedule and rearrange my schedule. After all, how could I do any consult calls with no voice? And then realized I also couldn’t participate in an event I had been invited to be part of over a month ago!
I couldn’t go because really who wants a person serving mock-tails to you, talking about self-care and wellness when they look…..not well….and obviously should be practicing self-care herself. Let’s not forget the barking cough….now that’s a crowd pleaser!
Now thankfully my tools of oils and holistic remedies are able to fast track my mending…but I still need to give it time. It is not going to be overnight.
It still requires me to say NO to worrying about disappointing others.
No to the possibility of a missed opportunity.
No to the mental chatter.
All those NO’S so I can be free to say:
- Yes to self-care.
- Yes to the healing process.
- Yes to my support tools to do their job to help me mend.
Now here is the conundrum…..lol…. I of the past would cancel or say NO to stuff out of fear of feeling like I wasn’t good enough, a fraud, or of rejection.
My fears of disappointing and rejection were so inner woven I was a mess who NEVER truly reflected on what was a healthy no and a healthy yes.
BUT…..my beautiful thyroid and adrenals….ie my body…..finally did the speaking for me. My body spoke while my spirit was being ignored. It spoke when my emotions weren’t being listened to. It spoke when my mind was being told to not think, not be, just do. It spoke so my soul would HAVE TO LISTEN.
So now when I do come down with something even if I know the primary cause is an environmental issue, I reflect on what physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually was in disarray that was maybe not as strong as they could’ve been …..that my body said wait pause lets clear some stuff out!
So many of us want to muscle through a physical ailment. We take a ton of meds that really aren’t going to help us in the long run and truly mask stuff.
Instead of muscling through it what if you paused to ask yourself:
Self, what are you trying to tell me? Where is my disconnect, my imbalance?
What am I ignoring that you’re trying to ask me to pay attention to?
When we do this we break free from the fears of disappointing others or fear of being rejected.
We have the freedom to say no to something that’s not going to serve the greater good of our self-care and our community. Sometimes that NO is a “just not right now”…or a “rearranging of schedule to say yes later”…..and sometimes it is a permanent NO…..and if that’s the case….that’s okay!
Cause when we have freedom from fears…..we see the amazing power of NO because for every NO we have to say…..we are leaving space to say YES to something else!
As always….pray….journal…tap….and oil up!
My hugs and prayers,
PS….here is what I have been doing to get on the mend….but first, let me share that what I have been doing may not work for you. We are all bio-unique. Plus I like to work with what I have on hand. There are many other of our oils and supplements that can help, and I actually seem to do something different every time. Yet it seems to be exactly what I am needing at the time. So by trusting my gut and staying in tune to the mind-body connection I am able to heal faster and fuller!
WHAT I HAVE DONE THIS WEEK:
- Epson Salt baths to detox the body faster….they do exhaust me but it helps flush the toxins out faster. I have been using AromaTouch oil as my primary oil for these baths…..but a fun hack I have to make sure no oil bottle has a wasted drop is, I keep empty bottles of the oils I know I would use for a bath and then when I take a bath I take the lids and orifice off the bottle and let them soak in the water with me…..thus getting all final drops into the bath with me!
- Every day about 2-3 times a day I have been taking the bone complex, which has D, C, Magnesium and more; mito2max to make up for the low energy, and the LLV (lifelong vitality) to support and encourage healing in the body. I have increased my usual dose. Basically, I take 2 of each about every 4 hours when I start feeling the wane of energy and vitality.
- I have been sipping on a tea concoction of lemon, onguard, oregano, and bergamot ALL day. This has really helped with killing off anything that is going on inside, clearing up the mucus, and keeping me lifted. It has really helped with the sore throat as well.
- This one is fun….lol…..I have been also drinking lemon honey garlic water……and eating garlic cloves. This is a favorite for my family….lol. But it really helps sooth the throat when it is feeling on fire so much and to restore my speaking voice a little bit during the day. I always know when I am not needing garlic though or if I have too much because I will get nauseous pretty quickly from it. Since it is a FODMAP I have to be careful. I also don’t take garlic past 1pm because it warms my body and system too much that it makes sleep too difficult for me.
- Which brings me to my night time…..I’ve been doubling up on the DDR Prime and Serenity softgels. Diffusing breath and Serenity….as well as putting serenity and breathe on my feet, my chest, and across the bridge of my nose.
- Speaking of nose…..it is sooo raw from blowing it so much!!!! I am so grateful for the Yarrow|Pom. Every time I have to blow my nose I rub this oil on my nose and lips. It’s soothing and repairing. And it has been saving my face from looking like it is so chapped and raw that a person would just want to cringe looking at my face!
I hope these tips are helpful for the next time you find yourself feeling under the weather.