Through this healing journey I have read many different healing stories: physical, spiritual, emotional… about Hashimoto’s, traumas, abuses….
Many of these warriors of healing are fallen away Catholics.
This is unbearably sad for me.
There are many who leave other denominations as well. But these are many of the reasons I have heard:
- I didn’t have a personal relationship with Christ.
- I didn’t feel welcomed.
- It was too black and white.
- There was judgment.
- I didn’t feel accepted.
The list goes on….
And it breaks my heart!
I’ve been described as:
“She’s not your typical Catholic.” and “You won’t believe she’s Catholic.”
This is funny to me…but it’s true….and it’s also sad…..sad to me that more people haven’t encountered and/or experienced an Evangelical Catholic. It’s sad to me that wounds, hurts, and differences have kept Catholics away or even driven them away.
The Catholic Church is not perfect…not by any means. No faith is!!! And this is NOT AN EXCUSE FOR ANY CHURCH TO BE ABUSIVE TO THEIR PARISHIONERS!
For me the Catholic Church has a richness and depth and beauty that I can’t imagine being without it in my life.
Now you might be thinking I have never been hurt by the church or had a bad experience; so I can’t possibly know. But actually I HAVE had plenty…
- A priest once told me to come back to confession when I had real sins to confess.
- Another ended confessions before I had my turn and said he didn’t have time for me…literally.
- I have felt the tongue lashing of a parishioner telling me my daughter (then 3 years old) was not a “good girl” during mass.
- I have experienced the politics that take place when working for the church.
- I have observed and been on the receiving end of individuals in ministry (lay and priests) not conduct themselves with honor and dignity.
BUT this is the thing….this happens EVERYWHERE….with EVERY CHURCH!!!
Because they are all ran by man. And we are ALL flawed…sinners…human! WE ARE ALL WOUNDED!!!
I wish I could look each and every wounded person in the eye ….who has left the church….hold them and say:
- I AM SOOO SORRY WE DID NOT NURTURE YOU, FEED YOU, PROTECT YOU LOVE YOU ENOUGH!
- I am SO SORRY your hurt was so great that you felt you had to flee.
- I am SO SORRY that you felt you would not be heard.
- I am SO SORRY you felt you couldn’t seek out someone else within the church to provide you comfort, encouragement, love, mercy….
I know I can’t change the past for these wounded but I pray they/you will one day be able to face the traumas and hurts felt from the Catholic Church. I pray they/you find healing and peace. I pray they/you have the personal relationship with Christ they/you sought after. I pray they/you are being an instrumental disciple as He has called us all to be!
Today, if you have left the Catholic Church, or left church period, I pray you take a moment to sit with your “why’s”. Reflect within and ask: Am I ready to heal from this wound? Am I ready to break free from this bondage of pain? Am I ready to be ALL HE CREATED ME TO BE!? Some oils that can help you through this are: Console, Forgive, Hope, Deep Blue, Peace.
As always…sit…pray…oil up…..and tap about this….:)
Many drops of blessings dear beloved ones….
PS…..Are you open to learning how essential oils can support you? I would be love to help you on this healing journey…..I would be honored to be your wellness/oils coach on this journey! Message me through facebook, email, phone….let’s get started today!
PPS….ask me about my “Baby Steps Start up” that costs only $63 and you still have access to private content, coaching, support, and welcome package!