Hello wonderful friends!
Oh my goodness gracious!!!! My retreat this last weekend was beyond awesome. I am working through a lot of stuff still…processing….etc……so I will be sharing a little bit about that soon…..BUT…this research has pressed on my heart to share with you all because it is research I ended up doing as I was preparing for this HEALING retreat last weekend.
As I was preparing for the retreat I had been reading this fabulous book: THE HEALING OF FAMILIES by Father Yozefu-B. Ssemakula.
While reading this book I came across some stuff that had me wondering if I really should be participating in yoga…I did lots of research and did lots of praying…..and realized I really just can’t participate.
I wish I could be like so many Christians who feel it is a non-issue and think they can separate the spiritual practice from the physical practice….but I CAN’T! I realized I was very naive to think I could.
I had set out to write all sorts of stuff to share here with all of you but after having shared much of my thoughts beforehand with close family and friends I decided I would share with you the quick bullet points that I took home from many of the resources I read, watched, and learned from and you my dear readers search out your own answers within.
So my notes I made to myself about yoga was:
- ~There is no Hinduism without Yoga…therefore there is no Yoga without Hinduism.
- ~YOGA…..actually means to be yoked with…So what are we being yoked to!? ***We need to understand the bible says to ONLY be YOKED to Jesus/God…..
- ~Kindulini form of Yoga means the serpent force….this force lies dormant in the base of the spine to be awakened.
- ~Master Yoga Guru’s will teach that Kindulini is the plug point for the serpent force.
- ~The creation of yoga was to work together as a system: body, breathing, movement, meditation
- ~Techniques cannot be separated from its philosophy
- ~It IS a practice of psychosomatic exercises.
- ~Each movement has a purpose of awakening or calling on the serpent and/or other “spirits”…..
- ~Doctrine of yoga is pantheism (meaning everything is God).
- ~Yoga teaches to focus on self instead of God.
So if that is what YOGA is all about then I truly want nothing to do with a practice that could even possibly open the door to something evil. I would much rather heed on the cautious side and realize I was wrong versus lean on the casual side and find out I WAS WRONG!!!
There is literally hundreds of great resources out there to learn both sides of the story….I encourage you all to read up to make a decision that is best for you!
These are the ones I really felt drawn to and that spoke to my heart:
I would love to hear from each of you what your thoughts are about the videos and articles I shared here about yoga…..and if you find yourself feeling convicted one way or another!
Today I challenge you to take a moment to read up more…..watch….listen…..learn….pray about it…..journal about it…..and sit with your thoughts and prayers…..AND SEE WHERE GOD LEADS you in this journey!?
Many blessings and prayers my dear readers…family….friends….