As I approached this new school year I entered into a very specific prayer and fast to ensure I could hear what God wanted from me for raising our wonderful daughter. I was praying specifically about the intellect aspect of her schooling and the new year but instead I found answers to spiritual importance as well as things I needed to do and focus on.
I realized for how much I have enjoyed writing for Examiner.com it was starting to become a “chore” or a distraction from the important things I needed to be taking care of…ie….engaging with my wonderful child!
What I did learn from my writing for Examiner.com:
1. I became disciplined in writing consistently everyday; whether for myself or for an article. I have made it an important part of my day to sit down and write first thing in the morning after my prayer/devotion.
2. I rediscovered how healing and therapeutic writing is. I have always loved to write, but I always thought I had to have something profound and lofty in-order to write or be published.
3. I found we all have something to share with this great big wonderful world. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just spread a love filled ripple for God and His glory.
4. I discovered a totally different way to pray and connect with God through my writing.
5. And finally I realized I want this blog to be where I focus my writing, because here is where I can write ANYTHING I want to write about. I don’t have to follow guidelines or trends.
I want to be able to write about anything and everything I am passionate about. It doesn’t matter to me if everyone or no one wants to read it…what does matter is it is written with love and with God always as my focus!
Thus, I am going to start posting regularly and in this stage in my life, exclusively, here at FRICK WRITES!
I’ve been having fun thinking of things I really want to write about. I have found it difficult to keep it to one thing. Then I realized I don’t have to, cause for me as long as it always is giving glory and honor to God then it is all great!
Which then led me to figure out some fun themes and/or titles for my blog. I love doing play on words or letters. Which got me to thinking about Frick Writes…and my name: Frick….which led me to this thought:
And that pretty much sums up all of who I am and what I am passionate about!
I would love to hear any of your thoughts….